Consumers looking for a colon cleansing product are spoiled for choice; any number of them are available. Few of them live up to the manufacturers’ hype, but there are some good colon cleansers out there and at first glance DetoxPlus appears to be one of the better ones.
With a price tag of £19.95 it is also a reasonably priced option and all purchases are protected by a 30 day money back guarantee.
Setting the company’s reputation to the side for the moment, let’s examine DetoxPlus a little more closely.
What are the Benefits of DetoxPlus?
The average person’s colon is about five feet long—which explains why it is often referred to as the large intestine—and if it were a straight tube there would be no problems, but it is not.
The colon has a lot of loops and all those twists and turns present areas where fecal matter can become stuck. So instead of passing through the intestines small amounts of fecal matter may simply be passed by and remain inside the colon.
This can result in a buildup of toxins that may encourage disease—hence the need for occasional colon cleansing.
There are several ways to cleanse the colon, including enemas and colonic irrigation, but using orally taken capsules such as DetoxPlus is often considered more desirable than some of the other (less pleasant) options.
As well as cleansing the colon DetoxPlus may also provide a few additional benefits, but potential users should be aware such benefits are only a possible bonus.
Additional benefits may include:
- Parasite cleansing
- Liver cleansing
- Weight loss
How to Use DetoxPlus and what to Expect
The complete colon cleansing process takes 30 days and each tub of capsules contains a sufficient amount to complete the process, which is split into two stages.
- Stage 1: For the first 15 days of treatment the daily dose is four capsules (two on waking and two at bedtime).
- Stage 2: Only two capsules are required per day (taken at bedtime).
- Magnesium Sulphate: The main ingredient in Epsom Salts, magnesium sulphate is also a constituent in some liver detox supplements. It has the power to ease the digestive muscles and has proven to be a very effective laxative.
- Capes Aloe: A plant-based ingredient that is known to be an effective laxative and may also have the ability to kill certain forms of bacteria.
- Psyllium Husk Powder: Often used to treat irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), psyllium husk powder is high in fiber and good for digestive health. It is also believed to have the ability to suppress the appetite, but further study is required.
- Rhubarb Root: A natural antiseptic, rhubarb is also a powerful laxative that can cause colon contractions and help ease fecal matter on its way.
- Prune Extract: Prunes are renowned laxatives. Their ability to cleanse the colon cannot be disputed and they are loaded with health-boosting antioxidants that should help improve the overall health
A few users state they were disappointed because DetoxPlus failed to help them achieve their weight loss goals (only ever a possibility), but the majority of users praise the product for its detox abilities.
Evolution Slimming warns to expect increased bowel activity and states some users may experience minor stomach cramps during the initial stages of treatment.
Where to Buy DetoxPlus
DetoxPlus usually costs £19.95 when purchased from the company’s official website. This is not an unreasonable price and adding an extra bottle or two to the order can secure significant discounts.
Evolution Slimming offer worldwide shipping options and postage costs are waived for customers based in the UK.
The Bottom Line – Is It Recommended?
DetoxPlus is a recommended product. The ingredients used in the blend all have the potential to get things moving and ensure a cleaner, healthier colon. Their combined powers should ensure some good results.
The pricing is reasonable, and customers have a 30 day guarantee period to fall back on if required, but judging by the wealth of positive feedback it seems unlikely that such a guarantee will be needed. As a colon cleanser DetoxPlus gets top marks.