Formerly marketed as under the Maximuscle brand name, MaxiNutrition Thermobol is a dietary supplement produced in the UK by the global healthcare company GlaxoSmithKline (GSK).
Thermobol has been formulated to support the dietary requirements of people who train regularly, either for sporting or health and fitness reasons (including bodybuilding).
What Is Thermobol And How Does It Work?
MaxiNutrition recommends Thermobol for people who are hoping to get a leaner definition. It is produced in tablet form and contains a blend of natural ingredients, some of which are stimulants chosen for their ability to energize the body, help the user put a little more into their training sessions, and obtain improved results.
- Bitter Orange Peel (325mg): A popular ingredient in weight loss supplements and bodybuilding blends alike, bitter orange peel is used to suppress the appetite and give the metabolism a boost.
- L-Tyrosine (300mg): An amino acid believed to assist thyroxin synthesis. The thyroid gland controls the speed the body uses energy. For this reason L-Tyrosine is often utilized as a metabolism booster.
- Caffeine (148mg): Caffeine is a powerful stimulant that may cause side effects including headaches and nausea, but the amount here is probably equivalent to less than two cups of instant coffee so its presence is unlikely to present too many problems. It may however provide some extra energy and improve levels of focus and concentration.
- Green Tea Extract (100mg): Green tea can initiate thermogenic fat burning and is also a source of health-boosting antioxidants.
- Guarana Seed Power (12mg): A further source of caffeine, guarana releases its caffeine content quite slowly and the slower delivery rate results in longer lasting effects.
- Bioperine (5mg): A patented black pepper extract that provides the alkaloid piperine (a proven metabolism booster) and can also help the body absorb other ingredients more easily.
- Chromium (67µg): Chromium’s perceived value as a fat burner dates back to the 1950, when studies conducted on rats produced some promising results. The results of more recent tests failed to produce similar results, but chromium can prove useful for maintaining healthy blood sugar levels.
- Cayenne Extract (0.1mg): Cayenne is an excellent fat burner and metabolism booster, but the inclusion rate here is probably too low to make the addition worthwhile.
The blend also contains several B vitamins that should provide a further boost to the metabolism and help the body utilize calories more efficiently.
- Vitamin B12 (2.5µg)
- Vitamin B7 (50µg)
- Vitamin B5 (6mg)
- Vitamin B1 (1.1mg)
Thermobol has been featured in a number of magazines and newspapers. It has also been endorsed by several athletes, including the boxer, Amir Khan. It has received numerous customer reviews as well, many of which are very good.
Two average comments read:
But not every customer is so easy to impress:
Side Effects & Health Issues
Caffeine-related side effects, including jitters and nausea, may be experienced by a small percentage of users. Bitter orange is also known to present the possibility of side effects, but none of the other ingredients have been linked to negative issues.
Pregnant or nursing mothers should never use any form of supplement unless its use has been approved by their doctor. The same advice is offered to people with and existing health issues or doubts about product suitability.
Is Thermobol Recommended?
The Thermobol blend contains several promising ingredients that should work together well, so the tablets will more than likely prove to be useful both as a pre-training aid and as a weight loss provider.
Customer feedback, however, indicates the blend may work better for some users than others. It certainly doesn’t appear to one of the top pre-training formulations on the market, but nor is it one of the worst. The same can be said about its abilities as a weight loss formulation.
Thermobol appears to somewhat of a middle of the range product that may be worth a try, but you can find something more impressive without too much difficulty.
We research and review many fat-burning products available. In our opinion, there is a select few which we can recommend as the best. Follow the link below to read more about them.